Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2007

On this Mother's Day

On this mother's day Ive pondered what it means to be a mother. My days consist of baggy pants, My hair sometimes not brushed, dark spots under my eyes from not getting a peacful rest in about four years. I wonder on this mother's day what my husband thinks of his wife these days. Between the kids pulling us both different directions and just everything else in between. There isn't enough time for more then a kiss and a quick I love you's.

On this Mother's day I think of all the mothers and so to be mothers. How this role I dreamed of since I was a little girl. Is the role of a life time. One God planned for me, for us to do. Crazy thought. Most of the time I wonder what God was thinking when he gave me my children. They are a blank slate and I was the one writing on it. Hoping I was teaching them life skills to live a life worth living.

On this Mother's day I was laying with my kids as they slept, always a peacful moment for mothers. I watched my children and at that quiet moment I just felt that everything was going to be okay and that just how blessed we as women are to call ourselves "Mothers"
I think of all those moments that I cherish in my heart from each child and know the road is going to be hard at times. All I can do is hope in the Lord that he will make the paths straight and lead them to where they belong.

On this Mother's day I haven't worried like I usally do. I know tommorrow will bring more tears and another up hill battle with writing on the tablet of my childrens hearts. At least I know that there is hope for tommorrow. Its not what I have done but what the father has done. Thats enough for me to know that its all going to be okay.

<><>< Mother's day 2007 To my children who have inspired me and breath new fresh air into my life.

No comments: