Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The river runs through me



As the water runs through the stones I am reminded that this is how life is. A force so strong leaves us never the same. Always moving through, promoting growth. Its amazing to me just how much peace I get knowing that if I want God can be a rushing river through me. I know now that I am sinful and make mistakes. Through Gods grace and mercy I can know I am forgiven.

I took this picture as I watch my children throwing rocks in the river, they could of spent all day doing so and I could of spent all day watching them doing it. This week my husband and I had a emotional long overdue conversation. Having children has been a little harder then we ever have thought it could be.

Just missing the mark completely with each other. Its not like we planned this to happen. I don't think any married couple who love each other see's that happening. As a mother you are pulled in so many directions and if you don't put things in the right place, everything suffers because of it. I realized it but didn't know how to change it.

I was so over my head and Scott was trying the best he could to reach me but he was missing the mark as well. Kids changes everything and it can rock your world good and bad. We made a plan to do dates again, get a babysitter and go out once a month just the two of us. And get the kids into their own rooms....which we are doing this week which is going to be the hardest thing we are going to do. Hunter is going to scream his head off and Mackenzie will too but she'll give up before Hunter will. Its going to be a tough week ahead. These things need to be done to get back on track.

Its amazing how the river runs through us never leave us the same if you allow it. Change is hard but the water is refreshing when drank <><>

No comments: